Amrita Singh is an Indian actress known for her work in Bollywood films. Here are some facts about her:
- Early Life: Amrita Singh was born on February 9, 1958, in Hadali, British India (now in Pakistan). She hails from a prominent Sikh family.
- Debut: She made her acting debut in 1983 with the film “Betaab,” opposite Sunny Deol. The film was a commercial success and marked her entry into the Hindi film industry.
- Successful Career: Amrita Singh had a successful career in the 1980s and 1990s. She appeared in several hit films, including “S
- Mard ” (1985), “Aaina” (1993), and “Chameli ki shadi ” (1986), for which she won the Filmfare Award for Best Supporting Actress.
- Marriage to Saif Ali Khan: In 1991, Amrita Singh married actor Saif Ali Khan. The couple had two children, Sara Ali Khan and Ibrahim Ali Khan. However, their marriage ended in divorce in 2004.
- Comeback: After a hiatus from acting due to her marriage and family commitments, Amrita Singh made a comeback to acting in the mid-2000s. She appeared in supporting roles in films like “2 States” (2014) and “Badla” (2019).
- Television: Amrita Singh has also appeared in television shows. She played a prominent role in the popular TV series “Dekh Bhai Dekh” in the late 1990s.
- Versatility: Throughout her career, Amrita Singh showcased her versatility as an actress by portraying a wide range of characters, from romantic leads to supporting roles and even negative characters.
- Awards: She has received several awards for her performances in films, including the Filmfare Award for Best Supporting Actress for “Raja Hindustani.”
- Social Activism: Apart from her acting career, Amrita Singh has been involved in social causes and charity work.
- Personal Life: After her divorce from Saif Ali Khan, Amrita Singh chose to focus on her career and raising her children. Her daughter, Sara Ali Khan, has followed in her footsteps and become a successful Bollywood actress.
Please note that my knowledge is based on information available up to September 2021, and there may have been developments in Amrita Singh’s life or career since then.