Kimi Katkar is an Indian actress who primarily worked in Bollywood films during the late 1980s and early 1990s. Here are some key facts about her:
- Early Life: Kimi Katkar was born on December 11, 1965, in Mumbai, India.
- Debut Film: She made her Bollywood debut in the film “Patthar Dil” (1985). However, she gained widespread recognition with her role in the film “Tarzan” (1985), which earned her the nickname “Tarzan Girl.”
- Popular Films: Kimi Katkar was known for her roles in films like “Tarzan,” “Mera Lahoo” (1987), “Hum” (1991), and “Zulm Ki Hukumat” (1992).
- Bold Image: She was known for her bold and glamorous image in Bollywood, which made her a popular actress during her time.
- Screen Name: She initially started her career with the screen name “Sabeeha,” but later changed it to Kimi Katkar.
- Famous Song Sequence: Kimi Katkar is particularly remembered for her dance number “Jumma Chumma De De” from the film “Hum,” where she starred alongside Amitabh Bachchan.
- Marriage and Retirement: Kimi Katkar got married and settled in Melbourne, Australia. She retired from acting after her marriage.
- Return to Limelight: She made a rare public appearance in 2016 at the premiere of the film “Kabali,” where she was seen alongside Rajinikanth.
- Post-Retirement: After leaving the film industry, Kimi Katkar kept a low profile and focused on her personal life.
- Legacy: Kimi Katkar remains a nostalgic figure for fans of Indian cinema who grew up during the late 1980s and early 1990s.
While she had a relatively short career in Bollywood, Kimi Katkar left an indelible mark on the industry with her notable films and iconic dance sequences. She is remembered as one of the prominent actresses of her era.