Poonam Dhillon is a prominent Indian actress who has worked in both Bollywood and regional cinema. Here are some key facts about her:
- Early Life: Poonam Dhillon was born on April 18, 1962, in Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh, India.
- Miss Young India: She gained recognition and fame by winning the Miss Young India title in 1977. This victory marked the beginning of her career in the entertainment industry.
- Bollywood Debut: Poonam Dhillon made her Bollywood debut in the film “Trishul” (1978), directed by Yash Chopra. She was cast alongside notable actors like Amitabh Bachchan and Sanjeev Kumar.
- Popular Films: During the 1980s, Poonam Dhillon appeared in several successful Bollywood films, including “Noorie” (1979), “Red Rose” (1980), “Teri Kasam” (1982), and “Sohni Mahiwal” (1984).
- Filmfare Award: She received a Filmfare Award nomination for her performance in the film “Noorie.”
- Versatility: Poonam Dhillon showcased her versatility as an actress by taking on a variety of roles in different genres, including drama, romance, and comedy.
- Television Career: In addition to her film career, Poonam Dhillon has worked in Indian television. She appeared in TV serials such as “Kohi Apna Sa” and “Bigg Boss” (Season 3).
- Social Work: Poonam Dhillon has been involved in charitable and social work activities. She is associated with various organizations and causes, including the Cancer Patients Aid Association (CPAA).
- Author: She authored a book titled “The Completely Hooked Guide to Good Parenting” in which she shares her insights and experiences as a parent.
- Personal Life: Poonam Dhillon was married to film producer Ashok Thakeria, and they have two children together. However, they later divorced.
- Stage Performances: She has also performed in stage plays and theater productions.
- Continued Acting: Poonam Dhillon continued to work in films and television even in the 21st century, showcasing her enduring passion for acting.
Poonam Dhillon is celebrated for her contributions to Indian cinema and her presence in the entertainment industry for several decades. Her performances in Bollywood have left a lasting impact on audiences.