Bollywood movie “Desh Premi,” which was released in 1982. Here are some facts about the film:
- Title and Theme: “Desh Premi” translates to “Patriot” in English. The film revolves around themes of patriotism, social issues, and the struggle against corruption.
- Director and Cast: The film was directed by Manmohan Desai and featured a star-studded cast, including Amitabh Bachchan, Hema Malini, Navin Nischol, Shammi Kapoor, and Parveen Babi.
- Storyline: “Desh Premi” tells the story of a common man, played by Amitabh Bachchan, who becomes a vigilante in order to fight against corruption and injustice. The film portrays his journey of fighting for the rights of the people and challenging those in power.
- Songs: The movie’s music was composed by Laxmikant-Pyarelal, with lyrics penned by Anand Bakshi. The soundtrack included memorable songs like “Gali Gali Sita Roye,” “Tu Kahan Gayi Thi,” and “Mere Desh Premiyo.”
- Box Office Performance: The film was successful at the box office and was one of the notable releases of that year.
- Social Commentary: “Desh Premi” touched upon various social issues, including corruption, poverty, and inequality, which were prevalent in Indian society at that time.
- Reception: The movie received mixed reviews from critics, with praise for its message and performances, particularly Amitabh Bachchan’s portrayal of the main character.
- Legacy: While the film may not be as widely remembered as some of Amitabh Bachchan’s other iconic movies, it remains a part of his filmography and is recognized for its attempt to address societal issues.