Arijit Singh is a popular Indian playback singer .Here are some of known or lesser known facts about him .
- Arijit was born on April 25, 1987, in Jiaganj, Murshidabad, West Bengal, India.
- He started his music career at a young age, learning Indian classical music from his mother. He also received training in Rabindra Sangeet from Rajendra Prasad Hazari and Birendra Prasad Hazari.
- In 2005, Arijit Singh participated in the reality show Fame Gurukul, where he was among the top finalists. However, he did not win the show. After the show, he moved to Mumbai to pursue a career in music.
- Arijit Singh’s breakthrough came in 2010 when he was noticed by music director Pritam Chakraborty, who gave him a chance to sing the song “Phir Mohabbat” for the movie Murder 2. The song became a huge hit, and Arijit Singh’s career took off from there.
- Since then, Arijit Singh has sung numerous popular songs in Hindi, Bengali, and other languages. Some of his most popular songs include “Tum Hi Ho” from the movie Aashiqui 2, “Channa Mereya” from the movie Ae Dil Hai Mushkil, “Ae Watan” from the movie Raazi, and “Kalank Title Track” from the movie Kalank.
- Arijit Singh has won several awards for his singing, including the Filmfare Award for Best Male Playback Singer and the National Film Award for Best Male Playback Singer. He has also been a judge on various music reality shows, including Indian Idol.
- Apart from his singing career, Arijit Singh has also composed music for several movies, including “Singh Saab the Great” and “Total Siyapaa.”
Overall, Arijit Singh’s soulful voice and versatility have made him one of the most popular playback singers in India. His fans eagerly await his new releases, and he continues to mesmerize audiences with his music.