Here are some lesser-known facts about the Bollywood film “Mr. India”:
- The film was directed by Shekhar Kapur and released in 1987. It is a superhero science fiction film that became a huge success and is considered a cult classic.
- The film consists of ensemble cast of SriDevi, AnilKapoor,Satish Kaushik,Amrish Puri, Sarad Saxena ,Annu kapoor and many more
- The iconic character of Mr. India was played by actor Anil Kapoor, who delivered a memorable performance in the film.
- The lead role of Mr. India was first offered to Bollywood legend Amitabh Bachchan. After he declined the part, it was offered to Rajesh Khanna before Anil Kapoor took on the role.
- The movie features the iconic song “Hawa Hawai” picturized on actress Sridevi, which became immensely popular and is still remembered as one of her most iconic dance numbers.
- “Mr. India” introduced the character of Mogambo, played by actor Amrish Puri. Mogambo’s character and his famous dialogue “Mogambo khush hua” became legendary in Indian cinema.
- The film’s screenplay was written by renowned filmmaker Javed Akhtar and its dialogues were penned by Salim Khan.
- “Mr. India” was one of the first Indian films to extensively use special effects, especially in scenes involving the titular character’s invisibility.
- Actor Aftab Shivdasani made his acting debut as a child artist in “Mr. India,” playing the character of Anil Kapoor’s orphaned child, Jugal.
- Choreographer Ahmad khan was also seen as one of the children.
- The film was highly acclaimed for its unique blend of action, comedy, and social commentary. It addressed themes of poverty, corruption, and the power of invisibility as a metaphor for being unnoticed by society.