Neelam Kothari is an Indian actress and jewelry designer known for her work in Bollywood films during the 1980s and 1990s. Here are some key facts about her:
- Early Life: Neelam Kothari was born on March 3, 1968, in Hong Kong. She comes from a Gujarati family.
- Bollywood Debut: She made her Bollywood debut as a child artist in the film “Jawaani” (1984). Her first leading role as an actress came in the film “Love 86” (1986).
- Popular Films: Neelam gained popularity for her roles in films like “Ilzaam” (1986), “Love 86” (1986), “The Great Lover” (1987), and “Hatya” (1988), among others.
- Collaborations: She often appeared in films alongside other popular actors of her era, including Aamir Khan, Govinda, and Sunny Deol.
- Filmfare Award Nomination: Neelam received a nomination for the Filmfare Award for Best Supporting Actress for her performance in the film “Hum Saath-Saath Hain” (1999).
- Jewelry Designer: After taking a break from acting, Neelam Kothari pursued a career in jewelry design. She launched her own jewelry brand called “Neelam Kothari Fine Jewelry.”
- Marriage: Neelam married actor Samir Soni in 2011. They are considered a prominent couple in the entertainment industry.
- Television Appearances: She has made appearances on various Indian television shows, including reality shows like “Bigg Boss” (Season 1) and “Nach Baliye” (Season 2).
- Reunion with Bollywood: Neelam made a return to acting in Bollywood with the web series “Fabulous Lives of Bollywood Wives,” which premiered on Netflix in 2020. The series offered a glimpse into the lives of Bollywood star wives.
- Social Media: Neelam Kothari is active on social media platforms like Instagram, where she shares glimpses of her personal and professional life.
- Fashion Icon: She has been regarded as a fashion icon during her acting career, known for her style and fashion choices.
Neelam Kothari’s journey from being a child artist to a popular Bollywood actress and later transitioning into the world of jewelry design showcases her versatility and ability to adapt to different facets of the entertainment industry.