Kranti is a bollywood multistarrer film based on patriotic theme which featuredfeatured a star-studded cast including Dilip Kumar, Manoj Kumar, Shashi Kapoor, Hema Malini, Shatrughan Sinha, Parveen Babi
Here are some facts about the Bollywood film “Kranti” released in 1981:
- Cast: The film featured a star-studded cast including Dilip Kumar, Manoj Kumar, Shashi Kapoor, Hema Malini, Shatrughan Sinha, Parveen Babi, Jeevan and others.
- Director: Manoj Kumar directed the film and also played a leading role in it.
- Plot: “Kranti” is a historical drama set during India’s First War of Independence in 1857. The film tells the story of a group of Indians who rise up against the British rule.
- Patriotic Theme: The film is known for its patriotic themes and strong portrayal of the struggle for independence.
- Music: The music for “Kranti” was composed by Laxmikant-Pyarelal, with lyrics penned by Santosh Anand. The song “Zindagi Ki Na Toote Ladi” became particularly popular.
- Budget and Success: The film was one of the most expensive Bollywood films of its time. It was successful at the box office and gained popularity for its patriotic fervor.
- Multiple Languages: “Kranti” was released in multiple languages, including Hindi, Tamil, and Telugu, to cater to a wider audience.
- Historical Accuracy: While the film is set during a historical period, it takes creative liberties with historical events for dramatic effect.
- Awards: “Kranti” received several nominations at the Filmfare Awards, including Best Actor for Dilip Kumar and Best Director for Manoj Kumar.
- Legacy: The film remains significant in the history of Indian cinema for its portrayal of the struggle for independence and its impact on the audience’s patriotic sentiments.