Here are some lesser-known facts about the movie “Phool Aur Kaante”:
- “Phool Aur Kaante” marked the debut of actor Ajay Devgn (then known as Ajay Devgan) in Bollywood. He gained instant popularity with his impressive performance and the unique stunt of riding on two bikes simultaneously in the film’s famous introductory scene.
- The film’s soundtrack, composed by Nadeem-Shravan, became a huge hit. The song “Dheere Dheere Pyar Ko Badhana Hai” became especially popular and is remembered as one of the film’s most melodious tracks.
- “Phool Aur Kaante” was the directorial debut of Kuku Kohli. He went on to direct several successful films, including “Suhaag” and “Khauff.”
- The film featured Madhoo as the female lead opposite Ajay Devgn. “Phool Aur Kaante” marked her debut in Hindi cinema and she garnered praise for her performance.
- Actor Amrish Puri played a negative role in the film as the main antagonist. His portrayal of the villainous character was appreciated by the audience.
- The film’s action sequences, choreographed by action director Veeru Devgan (father of Ajay Devgn), were one of the highlights of the movie. The stunts and the bike sequence became quite popular among the audience.
These are some lesser-known facts about the movie “Phool Aur Kaante” that highlight its significance in Ajay Devgn’s career and its success in terms of music, direction, and action.